Saturday, December 17, 2011

father and son

A father and son relationship should be a strong bond between two individuals or more like family members ones who can talk to each to other about everything, anything almost love something so powerful nothing can stop the two.

   Hi I’m Erwin Henry and my father name is also Erwin Henry, yes you can put the “Jr.” at the end of my name. Most of the time I think about the name my father gave me and what my dad is like. He is 6’1 between light-skinned and Carmel, he’s muscular, works at a John Marshall high school, protecting the students (Security guard). I won’t get deep into my dad’s life but also when I think of Erwin the name which was giving to me I think about my dad’s dad and how he was like. I really didn’t know or even ever seen him my grandfather but my dad told me stories of how horrible it was growing up. He’d only seen his dad twice and the first time was when he was 21, I felt sorry because my dad was diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 12 and his dad my grandfather wasn’t there. When I heard this story, my dad told me he would never treat me like his dad treated him, but most African American fathers aren’t there. My dad kind as he is, is there but not when I need him most. My dad loves me dearly but he can step it up but that just brings the beautiful out of him my dad Erwin Darrell Henry     

No comments:

Post a Comment